UNMEAT BURGER IKEA MEATBALLS
1 pack Unmeat Burger Patties, thawed
1 pc medium white onion, minced finely
3 stalks curly parsley, minced finely
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
1 pc medium onion, sliced
1 tbsp flour
1 ½ - 2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
Optional vegan cheese
1. In a large bowl, mash together the burger patties, finely minced white onion, parsley. Mustard and salt. When mixed thoroughly, form into balls and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. When ready, add olive oil or vegan butter in a saute pan. Fry your Unmeat Burger meat balls for about 1-2 minutes each. Take off the pan and let rest.
3. In the same pan, saute your onions to deglaze the pan. Add the flour and toast for about 1-2 minutes. Slowly add your stock ensuring lumps are taken out by constantly stirring the sauce
with the cooked flour. Simmer and season with salt and pepper.
4. Adding melting vegan cheese is optional for a cheesy and creamy finish.
5. Add the cooked Unmeat Burger meat balls and simmer for another 2 minutes. Serve warm with chopped parsley on top.
Yield: 17 pcs / 2-3 packs