UNMEAT GINILING ARROZ ALA CUBANA
1 pouch, 200g UNMEAT Giniling, thawed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pc medium, 80g onion, diced
½ head (26-30g) garlic, minced
2 pcs (100g) tomato, diced
1 pc medium (90-100g) potato, small diced
1 pc medium (90-100g) carrot, small diced
¼ cup (40g) raisins, steeped in ½ cup of water
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp paprika
3 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
As needed cooked garlic rice, fried sliced plantains
Optional (flexible plant-based dish) sunny side egg
1. In a saute pan, heat olive oil. Saute the onion and garlic until aromatic. Add the tomato and tomato paste, 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper and cook until the tomato paste turns a rusty color.
2. Add the potato, carrots and drained raisins. Season with 1 tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the Unmeat Giniling and reserved ½ cup of water where the raisins were steeped.
4. Add brown sugar, paprika, remaining salt and black pepper. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until flavors are well blended.
5. Serve with garlic rice and fried plantains. For flexitarian meal, you may add a sunny side egg.
Yield 716 g