UNMEAT NUGGETS KUNG PAO PASTA
1 pack Unmeat Nuggets, thawed
1 cup oil
2 tbsp oil
½ head garlic, minced
1 inch knob ginger, peeled, minced
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (JIF brand)
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine (Shaosing)
1 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup vegetable broth
1 pc red bell pepper, sliced
3-4 pcs rehydrated shiitake mushrooms, sliced
4 tbsp peanuts, toasted
½ cup spring onions, cut into 2” long pieces
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
200g uncooked spaghetti, cook according to package directions
1. Fry the Unmeat Nuggets in oil. Let it drip on a paper towel top drain excess oil.
2. In a large saute pan, heat oil. Saute garlic and ginger until aromatic. Add the shiitake mushrooms, hoisin, creamy peanut butter, rice vinegar, Chinese cooking wine, soy sauce and vegetable broth. Simmer until well blended and sauce a bit thickened.
3. Add the red bell pepper, spring onions and peanuts. Toss until coated well.
4. Add the cooked spaghetti noodles, salt and pepper. Toss until coated well. Lastly finish with the sesame oil, toss well.
5. Put on serving plates and top with the cooked crunchy Unmeat Nuggets.
Yield 3- 4 pax