UNMEAT SAUSAGE FAJITAS
1 pack Unmeat Sausage, peeled and sliced diagonally
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pc, medium onion, sliced
3 pcs bell peppers of assorted colors, sliced
3 tbsp taco seasoning
4-5 bunches cilantro, roughly chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 pack, small tortilla
4-5 pcs ripe tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
1 pc red onion, chopped
½ pc lime juice
2-3 bunches cilantro, chopped
To taste salt and pepper
1 pc ripe avocado, mashed
2 pcs tomato, deseeded and small diced
1 pc red onion, small diced
1 pc lime juice
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Optional lime wedges
1. In a pan, heat oil. Saute onions and garlic. Add the sliced Unmeat Sausages and continue sauteing until the sausage slightly changes in color.
2. Add the bell peppers and taco seasoning. Saute for another 2 minutes. Lastly add the chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Toss and take off the heat.
3. In a bowl, mix all salsa ingredients together. Chill for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend.
4. In a mortar mash the avocado with a pestle. Place in a bowl and mix with the red tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Chill and set aside.
5. In a clean round pan, toast your tortilla until it becomes slightly pliable, but not toasted. If it is too toasted, you will have trouble folding it later.
6. Serve the Unmeat Sausage Fajita with toasted tortilla, salsa and guacamole on the side.
Yield: 2-3 pax