UNMEAT SAUSAGE PENNE PASTA
1 pack Unmeat Sausage, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
½ head garlic minced
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tin, 400 g diced tomato
¼ cup vegetable stock
½ tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
200g uncooked penne pasta, cook using package directions
Handful fresh basil, torn or kept whole
Optional vegan parmesan cheese / nutritional yeast
1. In a sauce pot, heat olive oil. Saute garlic, chili flakes and dried oregano until garlic turns a bit brown.
2. Add the tomato sauce and vegetable sauce and simmer for at least 30 minutes to cook the tomatoes long enough for the natural sugars to be released. Season with sugar, salt and black
pepper, let this simmer for 5 more minutes.
3. Add the Unmeat Sausage slices, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Lastly, toss in the cooked penne pasta. Turn off heat and add the basil leaves.
5. Serve warm with optional nutritional yeast flakes.
Yield: 5- 6 pack