UNMEAT SAUSAGE PIZZA
Sauce and Toppings
1 pack, 200g Unmeat Sausage, thawed, peeled and sliced diagonally
1 cup pizza sauce
1 tsp oregano, dried
4 pcs fresh brown mushroom, sliced
1 pc large salad tomato, sliced
¼ pc bell pepper, seeded and sliced
4 pcs vegan cheese
½ cup fresh basil, kept whole
To dust cornmeal
400g bread flour
4 g instant yeast
240 ml water
6 g salt
25 g sugar
40 ml olive oil
1. Mix dough by first combining the dry ingredients, bread flour, cornmeal and instant yeast in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients, except the olive oil, in a second bowl. Ensure that the sugar and salt is dissolved. Pour the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until flour is fully hydrated. Turn the dough on a kneading surface, dust with flour if necessary. Slowly knead in the olive oil. Continue kneading until the dough passed the window-pane test. If the dough is smooth and elastic, lightly brush with olive oil and start the bulk proof for 45-1 hour, until it is double in size.
2. Punch down the dough and pour it on a clean surface. Divide the dough in two, roll into a ball and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Take one dough ball and press it down with your fingers and turning it around so it forms a circle. Flatten and turn until it is a bit stretched. Spread olive oil on your pizza pan and dust with cornmeal. Place your flattened dough disc on your pizza pan. Keep turning and flattening it until it becomes as big as your pizza pan. Test the pizza dough and ensure it doesn’t spring back in the middle. When the size is achieved, then we assemble the pizza. Do this step until all pizza dough balls are shaped.
4. Pre-heat oven to 400f.
5. Brush pizza top with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano. Pour pizza sauce about ½ a cup on the pizza dough. Spread your toppings, sliced tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms and cheese slices. Then top with the sliced Unmeat Sausage.
6. Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes until bottom is browned.
7. Take off the oven and sprinkle with fresh basil leaves that are kept whole. Serve warm.
Yield: 2 large pizzas